Recently 8Bitdo added Switch support for its assortment of Nintendo-inspired Bluetooth game controllers, via a firmware update. Now 8Bitdo is adding some more Bluetooth controllers to the family, again with obvious design cues from Nintendo’s classic hardware.
The SNES30 Pro is basically a SNES controller with analog sticks and a bit of extra depth. The additional thickness makes room for a second row of shoulder buttons, but it still doesn’t look like the most comfortable way to play dual analog games. The controller includes a USB-C plug, rumble, and some form of motion controls.
The NES30 Arcade Stick, meanwhile, is a new fighting stick with an obvious NES aesthetic but a less obvious rip of any specific hardware.
Both controllers work wirelessly with Switch, Windows, Android, macOS, and Steam. The SNES30 Pro will be available this holiday, and the NES30 should be out in the fall. No word on price, but 8Bitdo sells an NES-styled dual analog controller for about $43, so hopefully the SNES30 Pro won’t be much more than that.
Next Up In Circuit Breaker
- US government awards millions to HPE, Intel, and others in hopes they’ll build next-gen supercomputers
- The most important upgrade in Beoplay’s noise-canceling E4 earbuds is what you don’t hear
- LG is extending the G6’s warranty to two years
- Japan’s answer to the Amazon Echo comes in ‘bear’ or ‘chicken’
- Sphero’s new Spider-Man toy is like an overly chatty camp counselor
- This Nintendo Switch keyboard is bad, so I fixed it