Let’s come back to the world of Microsoft’s mobile operating system. And then get started.
At the start of the week, Spotify rolled out an update to their Windows Phone app, adding improved support for Windows 10 Mobile. With hope, the company works on a Universal Windows 10 app.
On the basis of the official HERE blog, HERE 360 will be removing all HERE apps from the Windows Store. As of March 29, HERE Maps, HERE Drive+, and HERE Transit will no longer be available on Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile. HERE apps for Windows Phone 8 will continue to be supported. More on this story here.
On a happier note, the Universal Bank of America Windows 10 app is set to be released March 28th. Therefore stay tuned for that if you bank with BofA!
It eventually happened. Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Phone 8.1 devices — but only certain devices could receive the update, disappointing the Windows Phone community. Unfortunately, 50% of Windows Phone devices in use will not get Windows 10 Mobile, unless Microsoft changes their mind. For those curious, go to this link to see a list of phones that will get the update.
Also, Microsoft listed the following features that will be modified or removed as part of the upgrade process from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile:
- At time of Windows 10 Mobile release Outlook Mail app cannot open .EML attachments.
Outlook Calendar app does not support Tasks.
- MDM capability to prevent saving and sharing Office documents not supported.
- Notifications for missed calls, messages, and emails on contact tiles is not supported at the time of Windows 10 Mobile release.
- Me Tile and Me Card are no longer supported.
- Cortana can no longer search for apps, setting, email, text messaging, contacts and QR
- Codes on the device and can no longer open apps through voice commands.
- “Hey Cortana” is no longer available on some upgraded devices.
- Group tiles can no longer be used to receive social networking status updates.
- Indoor Maps are no longer available for some locations.
- Certain enterprise features, including Data Protection Under Lock, are not available; please contact your Microsoft Volume Licensing representative for more information.