Samsung is updating its Flow apps to add support for the Windows Hello feature of Windows 10. Devices like the Galaxy S6, S7, and S8 will all be able to unlock Windows 10 PCs using the fingerprint reader. Samsung first introduced the ability to unlock its Windows 10-powered Galaxy TabPro S with a Samsung Flow app for Android last year, and this expansion means any Windows 10 PC is now supported.
Alongside the fingerprint support, Samsung is also enabling the ability to sync smartphone notifications to your PC. This was also previously available to Samsung PCs, but the company is now expanding it to all Windows 10 devices. Samsung’s latest Flow apps are available now, and you’ll just need a PC running the latest Windows 10 Creators Update to enable the new features.
Next Up In Circuit Breaker
- Moto X4 photo leaked, showing dual cameras and curved screen
- Samsung is making a smart speaker with Bixby, says WSJ
- Samsung’s secret VR headset prototype has eye and hand tracking
- These NES-style Switch controllers look great but cost a ton
- New report claims iPhone 8 won’t feature fingerprint sensor in display
- Motorola unveils new 360-degree camera Moto Mod